Amazon – the retail giant – is constantly evolving its platform to allow brands to showcase their products and augment overall value. This time they take it a level up with Amazon Posts – a powerful brand messaging tool that helps magnify your brand value and maximize outreach through the world’s biggest e-commerce platform.
In this blog, we will understand more about Amazon Posts and how it can help supercharge your sales and ROI on this platform.
What are Amazon Posts?
Amazon Posts is the e-commerce giant’s digital marketing endeavor to integrate online retail with social media. Unlike cliched e-commerce marketing, Amazon Posts offer brands a broader and engaging avenue to spread the word about their brand story and products. Through visually-appealing and thought-evoking posts or cards, online retailers can promote their products or brand for free.
Amazon Posts comprise descriptive captions, lifestyle visuals, and a link directing to the product page. These posts will be displayed across the Amazon app, including your product listing, related category and product feeds, and brand feed. This is how Amazon defines Amazon Posts:
“Posts is a new image-based browsing experience on Amazon. Shoppers can explore brand-specific feeds or browse by product category to discover products and see what’s new from brands. Posts link to detail pages, making each post in a feed shoppable.”
To put it simply, Amazon Posts function like Instagram. Create content for your brand or products and publish them on the platform to augment reach and value. Amazon algorithm will determine where your posts and stories will appear, other than the brand feed. It is a powerful tool that allows brands to educate buyers, share engaging stories, and much more – everything for free.
Who Can Use Amazon Posts?
To create Amazon Posts and use them for effective marketing, you need to be an:
- Amazon store owner
- U.S. Amazon vendor or seller
- Amazon Brand Registry member
Additionally, Amazon does not allow creating Posts for the following:
- Tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Alcohol beverages
- Adult products
- UV tanning products or equipment
- Body branding and tattoo products
Find out other “prohibited products” that cannot be featured under Amazon Posts.
Benefits of Amazon Posts
Not sure whether Amazon Posts is right for your retail marketing campaign? Here’s how Amazon Posts can boost your digital marketing strategy:
- Promote your products and brands for free across the Amazon platform
- Create visually-appealing lifestyle imagery of your products that can inspire your target audience to buy
- Allow potential buyers to identify new products
- Build awareness for your products or brand
- Repurpose your social media marketing strategy for Amazon and augment its value
- Get actionable insights on which captions and images can drive increased views and clicks
Now that you understand why Amazon Posts is important in Amazon PPC management, here’s how to get started.
Steps to Create Amazon Posts
Discussed here are the simple steps to create and publish your Amazon Posts.
1. Create Your Profile on Amazon Posts
Visit posts.amazon.com and your Amazon Seller Central login screen will appear or the Amazon Posts dashboard. For the login screen, fill in the required fields and loads the Posts dashboard. Once you land on the Amazon Posts dashboard, you have to create a profile. This would include uploading a brand logo and verifying the brand name. After completing these simple steps, you can start creating your first Amazon Posts.
2. Create Post
In the upper right-hand corner of your Amazon Posts dashboard, you will find the “Create Post” tab. Click it and it will direct you to the Amazon Posts builder. This will let you create and preview your Posts easily.
3. Upload an Engaging & Inspiring Photo
To create a Post, begin with uploading a photo that represents your brand or product. It is important to remember that each Post will display only one image. At the same time, the image cannot feature the following:
- A brand logo / logos
- A Call-to-Action, such as Buy Now or Subscribe Now
- An animation
- A bunch of elements, such as representing multiple products in the form of a collage
Amazon suggests including lifestyle images that showcase people using your product in real-time, but it can never directly promote a brand or product or display multiple products in a single post or image.
3. Add an Interesting Caption
In Amazon Posts, you have a caption limit of 2200 characters. It must fulfill the following requirements:
- Promote a product that your business owns or is authorized to distribute or resell
- Use the primary language of the Amazon site based on the location. For instance, use English for posts on www.amazon.com, etc.
- The language must be simple and suitable for your target audience
As per Amazon’s regulations, there are certain things the caption should avoid:
- Customer reviews or star ratings
- Questions that communicate directly with the audience, such as “Do you want to…?”
- The language that is emotionally tickling, like “Do not miss out,” “last chance,” etc.
- Fake functionalities like a “Play” button
- References that direct to other brands
- Deals, promotions, and discounts
- Like, share, or comment requests
- Requests to contact via email or social media
- Delivery or shipping claims
4. Feed in Your Product ASIN
Once you craft the Post creative, enter the product ASIN. This enables Amazon to get the right link for your Amazon Post. Furthermore, this link will direct shoppers to the product listing when they click on the Post. Therefore, it is important to provide the correct ASIN.
5. Submit the Amazon Post
After your upload the image, write the caption and enter the product ASIN, you can have a preview of the same before submitting the Post to Amazon. In the right-hand corner of the Post builder screen, you can check out how the Amazon Post will appear on the platform. It is crucial to double-check for typos or other errors before you click “Submit for review.”
Once Amazon approves the Post, you can review its performance at posts.amazon.com.
Amazon provides the option to create an unlimited number of Posts. So, it is a powerful tool to drive improved brand and product awareness and boost your sales.
Also, take a quick read on: